September is a month of changes for most of us. Whether its kids starting/going back to school, heading off to Uni, or the fact its almost Autumn, its a good time to take a step back and refresh ourselves.
I have always viewed September as one of those transitional months. The summer clothes are almost ready to be packed away, jumpers are ready to come out and the nights start to draw in. Depressing for some, but as much as I love summer, I also love the Autumn. It’s finally acceptable to wear cute dresses with tights and boots again, and I am loving the fact that warm, dark colours are once again acceptable.
For many of us, it’s also time to start switching up our makeup bags and bringing out the warm browns and nudes. If you are an oily skinned gal like me, you will know the struggle of wearing heavy foundation in the summer heat (I swear half of it sweats off my face 5 minutes after applying it). But sometimes it can be a struggle to refresh our makeup bags and prepare for this transitional season.
That’s why I was so excited to receive my Glossybox this month based on the beauty school theme. It’s a box that refreshes makeup and skincare and helps get us ready for the cold snap ahead.
Each box this month included 6 gorgeous makeup and skincare treats, and I am so excited to try them all.
The items I received were:
- Beauty Pro Detoxifying Bubbling Mash with Activated Charcoal – I have been wanting to try a bubbling mask for the longest time ever, but I always forget to pick one up every time I’m in Superdrug. This one contains activated charcoal which is great for refining pores, reducing oil and detoxing the skin.
- Wild Garden Pure & Fabulous Eau de Parfum – I have been wanting to switch up my fragrances a bit lately especially with the change in seasons. This scent is perfect for the months ahead, with notes of pear, water lily and warm amber. The warm, spring like fragrance reminds me that while winter is ahead, spring isn’t all that far around the corner.
- Bang Beauty Eyebrow Cream – I will admit that eyebrow products are not my strong point and the most I ever do with my brows is overpluck them and desperately try to cover it with a quick flick of an eyebrow pencil. I am completely rubbish at drawing nice brows, almost as bad as my attempts at winged eyeliner. Hopefully giving this cream a go will help me to improve my lacklustre skills. It also comes with a handy little brush, handy for travelling or popping in your handbag for possible touch ups!
- Karl Lagerfield Modelco lip liner in Rosewood – having just recently fallen in love with a Barry M lipliner, I was so excited to receive this one from Modelco to try out. It is the most beautiful shade of burgundy, perfect for the months ahead. I’ll probably pair it with MAC Velvet Teddy (I’m so late to the game on this one, but I am full on obsessed).
- Grow Gorgeous Scalp Detox – this is sort of a new one for me, but this is as it says on the packaging, a scalp detox. It basically removes all the impurities on your scalp, and helps to promote healthy hair growth. I’ve spent the last few years growing my hair out and its lovely and long now (although I do need a much needed haircut to tidy up the ends), so I definitely want to keep it healthy. For some of us, its our most loved feature, so it’s definitely worth spending the time taking care of the base.
- Wet Ones Be Fresh Antibacterial Wipes – I recently attended the Great Dorset Steam Fair, and let me tell you, I would have been so grateful to have had these wipes in my bag. It was basically typical festival portaloos with no hand sanitiser and in some cases no paper (having that pack of tissues you never use in your bag does come in handy sometimes). Not only are these wipes good for wiping down counters, but you can use them on your hands, face and body too! And with such a travel friendly sized pack, these are definitely worth stocking up on.
Glossybox is definitely worth the subscription as the total value of this months box comes to £67.31. I can’t wait to try these products and incorporate some of them into my beauty routine. Let me know in the comments section what new products will be joining your beauty routine this month!
Until next time,